Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging - Our Commitments
As a service organization, our greatest strength is our workforce - the people who are Minuteman Senior Services.
- We promote a collaborative, supportive, respectful environment that increases the contribution of all employees.
- We prioritize cultural awareness and competency across the organization and strive to recognize and address bias in our daily work.
- We are committed to expanding the diversity of our staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors to better reflect the communities we serve.
- We continually explore ways to adapt our programs that will address social inequities, and we engage in advocacy aimed at addressing injustice.
- We comply with the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 and therefore do not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, gender, or national origin. We also comply with other applicable federal, state, and local non-discrimination laws and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by such laws. We do not tolerate requests for provision of care or other conduct that would result in such discrimination.
- We do not tolerate abusive behavior from staff, care providers or consumers or their families. We promote a safe, respectful environment in the home for consumers and the workforce.
- We welcome your partnership with us on this journey.