Minuteman Senior Services is considered an essential service during this pandemic, and although nearly every aspect of our agency operations has been adjusted, we continue to offer critical services and support to seniors, people with disabilities and family caregivers. Our agency remains open with limited staff in the office environment, and others working remotely. We accept referrals via our online referral form and/or by calling 888-222-6171
- We have adapted some program protocols to keep consumers, staff and volunteers safe, such as making pre-screening calls prior to visiting people in their homes. We have infection control procedures in place both in our office and with regard to home-delivered meals, and throughout our vendor agencies.
- We are checking in with all home care and senior nutrition consumers regularly, identifying those most vulnerable, and working to ensure back-up plans for care and meal delivery as needed. Seven-day frozen meal packs have been delivered as a back-up to those most at risk. "Grab and Go" lunch for seniors is available by pre-registration at most community dining sites.
- We are keeping our resource database up-to-date with current, town by town information for those that need assistance with food, medicine, or essential transportation. As information is changing frequently, please call 888-222-6171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that you receive the latest information. Our Facebook page will also be posting and sharing local resources.
- Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, we are encouraging the use of face coverings when out in public. The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- We are working closely with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs and our 16 municipal partners, to stay up-to-date on local needs and concerns, and we continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
We are so grateful to all the community members, businesses and foundations that have reached out to us to see how we’re doing and what we might need. Here’s How You Can Help:
- Make a cash donation. We have established an Emergency Relief Fund to ensure that we have the immediate and substantial resources we need to adjust and continue to operate during these challenging times. Donate Online or mail a check to Minuteman Senior Services, Attn: Development Office, 26 Crosby Drive, Bedford, MA 01730
- Donate a Grocery or Pharmacy Gift Card – Staff and volunteers will use these to purchase and deliver essential items to low-income seniors
- Wear a Cloth Face Covering when out in public. And if you are able, create and donate face coverings using this template recommended by the CDC. We will distribute to staff, volunteer Meals on Wheels drivers and seniors as needed.
- Spread the word. If you or someone you know could use some support during this challenging time, please call us at 888-222-6171 or send an email to email@example.com